Singlet Oxygen Therapy
The Valkion: Singlet Oxygen Therapy
The Valkion, from Sweden, is a nasal inhaler registered with the FDA. While filtering and moistening the air and pumping it through a chamber where it is exposed to a light of a certain wavelength, doctors have observed over and over again the benefits and improvements in health with only a 15-20 minute session. Furthermore, these ‘subjective’ observations have been confirmed with ‘objective’ data using the Heart Rate Variability (HRV) medical test.
The various improvements in health resulting by simply filtering the water and “activating” the air are still being measured and data is continually being gathered - meaning, the full potential of singlet oxygen therapy has yet to be completely quantified. Listed below are some of the more common and clinically proven effective uses for singlet oxygen therapy, but ultimately there is no one individual who would not benefit in some way from using singlet oxygen therapy as a way to enhance overall health and prevent future chronic illness.
How does it work?
The principle of singlet oxygen therapy is simple. Singlet oxygen is formed on the surface of the leaves of plants and tress through a process called ‘photosensitization’. Photosensitization requires oxygen, light and proper ‘photsensitizer’ (i.e. chlorophyll - an essential plant pigment) which can act as a catalyst to transfer the light energy to oxygen. The result is singlet oxygen, with a distinctly high level of energy. The Valkion is a uniquely designed instrument that converts normal air oxygen into singlet oxygen. Singlet oxygen has a very short lifetime (2 millionths of a second) and emits energy as it degrades to the ground state oxygen level. It is the energy emitted that the body utilizes not the actual singlet oxygen. The main effects of singlet oxygen energy on human beings are:
- Powerful reduction of production of free radicals
- High energy production, better performance, more ATP
- Reduction of cholesterol, triglycerides and uric acid
Data collected on singlet oxygen therapy indicates that moist air is essential. For this reason, the Valkion is specially equipped with a humidifier giving the activated air a humidity level of at least 85% (depending on the humidity and temperature of the ambient air). With its unique design, a stream of activated air is created. The energy released through the Valkion has remarkable properties when it is absorbed by water molecules in the air. Free radical production is reduced, with all of its positive results. (This is one of the reasons why we tend to ‘feel better’ after a walk in a forest, especially when humidity is in the air).
How long is a treatment session?
The length of treatment instances varies between individuals, as does the frequency. Healthy persons may use the equipment for fifteen minutes per treatment. It has its greatest benefit when coupled with other therapies targeting the specific condition or illness being treated.
What are some common uses for the Valkion?
- Supportive treatment in the use of detoxification - increases mobilization and elimination of toxins and supports the primary organs of elimination (i.e. lungs)
- Greatly enhances heavy metal chelation therapies - allowing for mobilization of more metals as well as enhancing recovery and regeneration of tissues
- Asthma, chronic respiratory illnesses, upper and respiratory tract infections
- Anti-microbial treatment for deep, intracellular infections - i.e. Lymes, HSV, CMV, EBV, etc.
- To enhance endurance, energy and reverse the effects of aging
- To improve brain oxygen utilization - extremely effective for treatment of autism, ASD, ADHD, ADD or learning disorders
- Helps restore healthy sleep pattern
Are there side effects?
Possible initial reactions to treatment are mainly those of detoxification (i.e. headaches, tiredness, change in bowel habits, itching or exacerbation in a skin rash, etc.), but are temporary and can be easily alleviated with simple interventions such as maintaining adequate hydration and supplementing with chlorella, electrolytes and/or other agents if necessary. Most individuals do not experience any negative reactions and feel an immediate improvement in their situation.