Infrared Regulation Thermography
What is Regulation Thermography?
Regulation Thermography is based on the physiology of heat in humans. When there are disease processes in the human body, the body's organs respond differently to stress. With the use of a very accurate thermal sensor, it is possible to measure and detect changes in the skin's physiological response to stress. These changes may indicate the presence of a disease even at its earliest stage before a patient shows symptoms.
What is the AlphaSight 9000
The AlphaSight 9000 Thermographic System is a non-invasive, radiation-free, reproducible thermographic tool which measures how the body responds to stress (cold stimulus). These minute, detectable changes in circulation patterns and thermal characteristics of the major organs produce data that can be used for adjunctive diagnosis of certain indications such as: abnormalities of the female breast, peripheral vascular disease, musculoskeletal disorders, extracranial cerebral and facial vascular disease, abnormalities of the thyroid gland, and various neoplastic and inflammatory conditions.
What information will I receive from the results?
The information from the thermographic profile and patient evaluation assists your healthcare practitioner in determining your level of health and helps provide them with indications of disease processes at a very early stage. Any areas of concern that require immediate attention are flagged by the profile and evaluation. This information then helps your healthcare practitioner in developing an individualized treatment plan specifically suited to your needs. Such early preventative monitoring measures can be beneficial for the future of your health.
Why is it important to have Infrared Regulation Thermography?
Your health is very important. The Alpha Thermogram can help measure your level of health and help provide indications of symptoms at a very early stage. With the assistance of a healthcare professional, you can adjust or supplement your diet, make proper lifestyle changes, seek additional specific testing, and more importantly, improve your overall health.
How to prepare for the Thermogram
- Come to the appointment wearing comfortable, loose-fitting clothing that can be easily removed. Wear a long-sleaved button-up shirt and long pants, even if the weather is hot or humid. Avoid synthetic fibers and tight clothing. Do not wear a bra or remove it at least 15 minutes prior to the test.
- Do not shower or bathe the morning of the test. A shower or bath the night before is allowed.
- Do not use body sprays, skin creams or lotions, or cosmetics the morning of the test.
- Do not drink coffee, black tea, or caffeinated beverages, and do not smoke the morning of the test. A light breakfast is acceptable, but nothing piping hot.
- Come to appointment hydrated: drink 12-16 ounces of water 1/2 to 2 hours before the test.
- Do not exercise the morning of the test. This includes running, yoga, Pilates, etc.
- Refrain form regulative and therapeutic practices within 36 hours prior to the test. This includes acupuncture, bio-energetic treatments, therapeutic massage, classical homeopathy, chiropractic treatments, etc.
- Refrain from dentistry and dental cleanings at least 3 days prior to test.
- Women cannot be tested during the first or second day of the menstrual period. The lower abdominal points warm up and create false readings
- Arrive 15-20 minutes before your appointment so that your body has a chance to relax before you are tested
- Remove your glasses when you get to the office, as there are sinus points on the nose that will be tested
- Turn of cell phones during the appointment as the electormagnetic radtiation affects the nervous system
- Do not drink alcohol for at least 24 hours prior to the test